Why Sage Intacct is the Alternative to QuickBooks
QuickBooks may have been a great choice for your business when it was small. It provided the basic bookkeeping capabilities you needed to get your company started.
But as you have grown, things have changed. You have more customers, more employees, more data, more automation requirements. In short, your small business isn't so small anymore, and you need more from the software that is the foundation for your growing business.
Sage Intacct helps CFOs access integrated management and financial reports across their business entities – in minutes not days – to grow and drive their businesses. As the only AICPA-preferred financial management solution, Sage Intacct delivers the automation and controls around billing, accounting and reporting that finance needs to reduce errors, stay audit-ready and scale the business.
So how do you know when its time to make the move to a more powerful business management solution such as Sage Intacct?
We've listed a few key indicators below to help you decide if it's time.
- System lock-up and performance degradation
- More than 10 users require access to the system and user lock-up frequent occurs
- Difficulty accessing key information as it is not readily available
- Inventory has grown complex and you need to track a large number of inventory items, multiple units of measure, multiple bin numbers, and manufacturing or warehouse management processes
- Slow report processing and lack of reporting
- High volume of transactions and large amounts of historical data
- Use of external, non-integrated payroll solutions
- Manual processes and the use of outside reporting tools such as Excel
- Business has industry-specific requirements
- Regulation compliance (such as IFRS, SOX) and incurring auditing and non-compliance fees
- Exceeded limitations on document numbers, customer, vendor, inventory, and general ledger account field sizes
- Multinational transactions and global commerce requirements
- Web access and customer portal needs
- Multiple company support including consolidated financial statements and inter-company transactions
- Automation requirements for job costing, CRM, industry-specific requirements, and supply chain management
Reasons to Move to Sage Intacct
Here are three critical reasons growing companies need a more robust system such as Sage Intacct:
Become audit-ready in accordance with GAAP compliance
GAAP compliance is not optional. Sage Intacct is designed to make it simple for you to be audit-ready with GAAP compliance. Sage Intacct tracks changes at a transaction level and offers through its partnership with Salesforce collaborative compliance to document not only what you did, but why you did it.
Consolidate 100s of entities without continually logging in and out
One of the biggest shifts in recent years is the widespread recognition of the need to protect your company through multiple legal entities and structures. The effective utilization of that strategy is fundamental to the protection, acquisition, and sale of assets. Previously solely the territory of large, complex firms, this has become a focus of modestly sized firms. Sage Intacct is able to consolidate across hundreds of entities in seconds allowing the CFO to shift from historian to a modern, data-driven CFO driving the company playbook. Permissions can be restricted to a particular entity or used to consolidate across all entities in real-time—with one login.
Slice and dice data in real-time dashboards without Excel exports
Sage Intacct makes it simple to create real-time dashboards across one or more entities without the need to export to Excel. The dashboards can combine both financial and operational data, and with Sage Intacct’s built-in dimensions you can slice and dice your data drilling down to source transactions.
Be ASC 606 ready while automating billing and revenue recognition processes
Sage Intacct is designed to automate your financial processes without data re-entry. These processes include automating billing, revenue recognition and quote-to-cash with Salesforce. The upcoming ASC 606 standard eliminates transaction and industry-specific revenue recognition guidance under GAAP and is widely recognized as the biggest accounting change the world has seen in over a decade. This is a key driver causing many organizations to switch to cloud financial systems. Sage Intacct is a leader in making customers ASC 606 ready and is able to show side-by-side ASC 605 and ASC 606 in the same report.