No Drama or Surprises—Just Results
The 3 M’s of Accounting: Multi-entity, Multi-location, and Multi-currency
Business is good. In fact, it’s so good you have problems you never imagined.
You now have several businesses or divisions to manage. Some are under the same roof while others are located throughout the United States. You might even be thinking about expansion to Canada or Mexico.
What’s clear is your entry-level accounting program can’t scale across companies, divisions or borders. You now need multi-entity accounting software that can help overcome the following challenges:
- Each business operation is isolated and has its own GL account structure and chart of accounts
- Monthly/quarterly closing processes are complex
- Inter-entity transactions require multiple steps and are time consuming to complete
- The accounting system for each entity has its own log-in and sets of user permissions
Here’s why Growing Companies turn to the BTerrell Group
The BTerrell Group has helped dozens of small to midsize companies move to a multi-entity accounting system. This includes businesses with multiple companies under a single roof to growing healthcare providers with dozens of offices spread across multiple states.
These companies turned to the BTerrell Group because it consists of technology experts who understand the accounting needs of growing businesses. BTerrell is a blend of technology experts, CPAs and accountants. In fact, the BTerrell Group is the Sage Intacct Partner that other Partners turn to for technical expertise.
Run Multiple Businesses from one Accounting System
Here are some of the key reasons why the BTerrell Group has helped businesses move to a multi-entity system.
- Business is growing complex but requires a unified architecture: Ability to handle multiple-businesses or locations in a unified system. Complex ownership structures and multiple currencies may be a consideration.
- Unified access control: Ability to create user profiles to restrict user access to the specific entities and transactions relevant to their job
- Shared vendor, customer and item definitions across the entities: Simplify creation and enable cross-entity and multiple entity reporting
- Centralized payables: Record bills and send payments for all entities using a central screen, and automatically create due to and due from transactions between entities
- Unified login: Access any entity (for which you have privileges) without logging out and logging in again
- Chart of accounts options: Share common charts of accounts (COAs) or use a distinct COA structure for each entity