MISys Level 2
For those who need to take manufacturing management to the next level, beyond basic inventory control and purchasing, Level 2 introduces Master Production Scheduling and Material Requirements Planning.
While MISys SAE Level 1 helps you maintain an inventory, MISys SAE Level 2 helps you maintain no inventory. Although reducing the manufacturing inventory to zero is not practicable, the MRP functions in Level 2 can help you reduce inventory holding costs by 30% or more. With this kind of savings, the software can pay for itself in a matter on months.
Also included in MISys SAE Level 2 are customizable Manufacturing Orders, perfect for make-to-order manufacturers and custom job shops alike. These orders are the key to tracking actual production costs and driving accurate COGS into the integrated accounting system.
Create Manufacturing Orders
- Create manufacturing orders based on standard bills of material.
- Create manufacturing orders directly from Advantage sales orders.
- Associate jobs with manufacturing orders for detailed cost analysis.
- Edit manufacturing orders to create custom job orders.
- Allocate special items such as labor, supplies, and tooling to customize manufacturing order.
- Attach word processing files to provide unlimited amounts of online documentation.
- Attach pictures (all popular formats supported).
- Create and link child manufacturing orders to any parent manufacturing order.
- Copy previous orders to speed up amending order generation.
- Print internal manufacturing order approvals and multi-page production manufacturing orders and travelers.
- Analyze standard, projected, and actual job costs with performance variances.
- Create detailed manufacturing order pick lists.
- Pick partial or complete manufacturing orders.
- Complete support for Stock, WIP, and Reserve stock with automatic backflush.
- Back-flush complete or partially completed manufacturing orders.
- Automatically adjust raw materials based on actual production yield.
- Special handling of non-backflush type items.
- Record scrap resulting from specific manufacturing order processing.
- Expedite and close manufacturing orders at any time with automatic cleanup of partially committed material.
- Transfer completed items directly to ACCPAC finished goods inventory.
Produce Master Production Schedules
- Create a Master Production Schedule (MPS) for any planning horizon.
- True bucketless scheduling with user-defined period number and size.
- Save and re-open multiple production schedules.
- Maintain a pool of active production schedules.
- Share production schedules among MISys/2000 workgroup users.
- Include or ignore current inventory, purchase order, and manufacturing orders in MPS.
- Create and maintain batches of scheduling events.
- Fix production start dates and schedule forward to completion.
- Fix production completion dates and schedule back to start.
- Apply batches to MPS to simulate planned purchasing and production activity.
- Retrieve and schedule sales orders from Order Entry.
- Instantly spotlight shortages of raw materials and sub-assemblies.
- View master production schedule for all items, or items meeting specific stocking criteria.
- Drill down master production schedule to view item schedule on period-by-period basis.
- Drill down item schedule to view current and planned activity.
Analyze Material Requirements Plans
- Base material requirements on zero, minimum, or reorder points.
- Create Material Requirements Plan (MRP) based on results of MPS.
- Print detailed Purchasing Advice Report to show items which must be purchased in order to satisfy MPS.
- Purchasing Advice Report identifies available suppliers and suggests expediting existing purchase orders where appropriate.
- Print detailed Production Advice Report to show items which must be built in order to satisfy MPS.
- Production Advice Report suggests expediting existing manufacturing orders where appropriate.
- Create purchase orders based on quantities and dates indicated by MRP.
- Create production manufacturing orders based on quantities and dates indicated by MRP.
- Print MRP reports showing activity for all periods, active periods only, or net activity per item.