June 22, 2010
Roundtable Luncheon at Lawry's The Prime Rib
Guest Moderator: Jon Schreibfeder, President of Effective Inventory Management, Inc.
Maintaining An Accurate Inventory
The most effective planning is useless unless you continually know what is in your stores and warehouses. At this luncheon we will create a plan to ensure that the quantities in your computer system agree with what is in your warehouse. Topics will include:
- Making sure all employees realize the cost of bad inventory control
- Ensuring that all material movement is properly recorded
- Creating your inventory related policies and procedures guide
- Identifying and preventing pilferage and other inventory abuse
- The advantages of cycle counting - Counting part of your inventory every day
- Conducting a successful full physical inventory
About the Moderator:
Jon Schreibfeder is President of Effective Inventory Management, Inc., a firm dedicated to helping manufacturers, distributors, and large retailers get the most out of their investment in stock inventory. Over the past 29 years, Jon has helped over two thousand firms improve their productivity and profitability through better inventory management. He is the author of numerous articles and a series of books on effective inventory management including the recently published Achieving Effective Inventory Management - Fifth Edition and the National Association of Wholesale Distributor's Guess Right - Best Practices in Demand Forecasting for Distributors.
Objective - To help manufacturers, distributers, and large retailers get the most out of their investment in stock inventory.
Prerequisite - None
Experience Level - Any
Advance Preparation - None Required
Teaching Method - Group Interaction led by a Moderator
Recommended Credit - 1 Hour