This entry is part 3 of 3 in the series Super Powers of The Cloud. You may read the first installment here and the second installment here.
Okay, so cloud business apps won’t give you super powers, at least not yet. But when you go from expense tracking the old-school way to a do-anything-from-anywhere situation, you sure feel super about your new powers.
Apparently there are plenty of employees who feel super these days. According to CDW’s 2013 State of the Cloud Report, 73% of IT staff say employees’ personal use of the cloud has influenced enterprise adoption of cloud computing.
If you haven’t yet gone skyward to the cloud, then it’s time to stop being a mere mortal and gain these “super powers” by using cloud-based mobile business apps:
The power of flight
An app like TripIt can make you feel like you have a jetpack with a “carefree” setting. Simply forward your travel confirmation emails to email@example.com and TripIt automatically creates an itinerary for your trip.
You can send TripIt confirmation emails for more than 3,000 travel booking sites, including airlines, hotels, rental car companies, railways and airport shuttles. TripIt also supports many travel agencies, cruise lines and business travel sites, and even syncs with activity planning sites like Evite, OpenTable, Fandago and StubHub.
Here are a few more things you can do with TripIt:
- Link your email, and TripIt will automatically import travel plans from your inbox to your itinerary. No need to forward confirmation emails.
- Set your travel plans to sync automatically with your online or mobile calendar.
- Share travel details with family, friends and colleagues by simply clicking the “Share” button on your itinerary.
- Access your itinerary from all your devices whenever you want.
The power of omnipotence
An app like Concur for Mobile can make you feel like you can be everywhere at once (and you can also avoid being anywhere, like back at the office, filling out an expense report form). Concur for mobile complements the web-based solution and lets you manage everything related to expense tracking from anywhere you want. Here are just a few things you can do with Concur for Mobile:
- Do away with paper by capturing receipts with your smartphone and uploading IRS compliant images directly to expense reports.
- Approve or reject expense reports immediately via manager access.
- Add car mileage to your expense report.
- Match invoices with purchase numbers, track progress of submitted invoices and expedite invoice approval on the go.
- Use e-receipts to capture electronic transaction data directly from airlines, hotels and car-rental companies. The line-item details automatically upload to your expense report.
- Import credit card charges which are automatically assigned to the appropriate expense report.
- Use the automatic payment capability to quickly and easily reimburse your valued employees
The power of protection
The Concur and TripIt apps are built with world-class security. The Concur Trust Platform with PCI compliance, ISO and SSAE 16 certifications are combined with data encryption and remote wipe capabilities, ensuring a secure solution. Your personal data and credit card details are never stored on your mobile device and stay secure in Concur’s world-class data center.
Expense reporting affects every part of your business. Learn how super life at your company will be when you stop waiting and call upon your power to fix it.
As a Concur partner, BTerrell Group is able to extend a 10% savings on any Concur solution you implement. Please contact your BTerrell representative for details.
Join us on May 21st at 1:00 pm CT for this informative webinar: Fix Expense Reporting and Boost the Bottom Line, featuring Concur.