BTerrell Group Blog

Remote Workers, Work-From-Home Opportunities Are Increasing In Accounting Industry

Posted by Brian Terrell on Tue, Feb 09, 2016

The world is a big place and skilled workers can be difficult to find, especially in the accounting industry.  mini_blog_2.jpgA study by Convergence Coaching, LLC indicates that many accounting firms are thinking out-of-the-box when it comes to their employees and supporting remote or work-from-home opportunities.  As indicated in “Getting the Most Out of Your AnyWHERE Work Programs,” posted by Renee Moelders on, of the 155 accounting firms that participated in their annual Anytime, Anywhere Survey, 56% revealed that they have employees that work from home on occasion and 35% have employees that regularly work from home.  This combined 91% representation is a significant increase from the prior 77% respondents noting the same in the 2014 survey. 

Accounting firms that are open to remote workers are also recruiting outside the geographic area in which their offices are located.  About 45% of firms employ workers in another area, up from 37% in the 2014 survey.  One respondent suggested firms treat employees as a known commodity and offer remote working for those whose departure would be missed.  Modern business solutions can bridge the gap between the office and remote workers and can also improve their productivity when working remotely.  Contact BTerrell Group for more information about using today’s business solutions to support an efficient, productive remote or work-from-home opportunity.

 By Brian Terrell of BTerrell Group, LLP, Intacct and Sage ERP & CRM provider based in Dallas.