The changes for healthcare in 2020 were significant and many. As a CFO, if you’re feeling a bit exhausted by change, you are not alone. As we enter the New Year, what challenges will healthcare organizations face?
2021 Predictions for the healthcare industry
The following three predictions three predictions were published recently by Brian Bogie, Director of Healthcare Industry Marketing at Sage Intacct.
1. Cost control will be paramount in 2021, and Activity-Based Cost Accounting will be business critical in a post-COVID world
2. Healthcare will adopt a Doordash model for delivery of their services: whether these “Hospital at Home” healthcare organizations will succeed depends on how they get paid – and from whom
3. HIPAA and security breaches will become a greater issue for healthcare organizations
Click here to read the entire article
Familiar, perennial challenges still need to be addressed
The most common struggle for healthcare CFOs that we see is the challenge of consolidations for multi-entity, multi-location organizations. Healthcare CFOs must contend with:
• Expansion of facilities and service lines across regions and states
• The varying and changing nature of accounting rules as regulatory frameworks evolve
• Emphasis on growing the business through both organic new ventures or by acquiring others
• Increasing inter-relationships and inter-company activities between entities within the parent company
Download the complimentary white paper ‘Financial Consolidations for Multi-Entity Healthcare Organizations’
Addressing the challenges of consolidation using a single, cloud-based financial system tool can propel your healthcare organization forward.
And that’s where we can help – contact us to investigate how you could accelerate the integration of new entities; improve controls; and enjoy real-time consolidated results from across the enterprise at any time without waiting for period ends.
More than ever, CFOs find themselves data-rich, but time-poor. A truly integrated cloud-based financial system can automate the consolidation process, reintroducing quality and trust. Senior healthcare executives can view timely information with confidence which enhances finances credibility and opens the door to new opportunities to add value.